Saturday, December 15, 2012

Genre : Recount



THE UNFORGOTABLE  MEMORY :    MAY  27 , 2006   
( A Recount Text)

It was about five  fifty  in the morning,  I remembered.  The weather  was still a bit cold.  It was Saturday, May 27, 2006.  I was on my way to school. I was in the  four grade of an elementary school of SD Muhammadiyah Sapen in Nitikan, somewhere in Jogyakarta. It was about fifteen kilometers from home. I took a minibus  from my hometown,  Imogiri, then.

There were some pasengers in the bus. Most of them were students. I sat down beside an old lady. She was a traditional trader.  She talked much and I enjoyed it. A hard struggle for survive, that was her main point. Sometimes, she said that I was similar with her grandson in attitude.  

Suddenly, I felt strange. First, I saw the roof of SMP I Imogiri fell down. The walls became ruin in seconds.  The bus was shaking . It seemed that the driver still didn’t realize what was happening. But when the bus was shaken so hard, he stopped. All of us  could not say a word watching what was going on. Most buildings along the way were ruined. Dust flew like black clouds, how frightenning ! People got panic and ran out of their houses.

The road became just like in a nightmare. The driver of the bus could hardly say a word realizing what was going on. A terrible earthquake destroyed  almost everything in seconds. His face turned red. Then after having a little discussion with the passengers, he  decided to move back ... I was so scared. How about my house, my family , my neighbour ?

Along the way home, the bus could not move fast because the road  almost covered by ruins and people passing by here and there.  Reaching Imogiri Market... I got off the bus but the market  was not like there was before , ten minutes ago. It became ruins. The road was covered by materials. People were panic. Some were killed. Many were injured, and according to them, some were missing.  They lost their properties, family, kids ... I could see those  who got injured  while I was confused ..which one was my way back home ? Fortunately, I saw my mom standing together with my little sisters not far from the “ruined” market. She waved her hand to me with a face full of joy . And not so long, my father found us among the crowded people.

(by zahid)
----------------------------------- sebaiknya anda berkunjung ke sini
.

No comments:

Post a Comment